Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving To My US Readers!..

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

I hope you all had a great Turkey Day!.. I love Thanksgiving... family... friends... and great food!.. what's not to love!?. 

I'm hoping to have another apron finished tonight to show you all... my Decmeber Christmas Apron... I think I need one for each month!..

In the mean time here is a recipe for you to add to your collection of Christmas baking recipes...


This recipe came from Fur's Mother... she makes them... and hundreds of other cookies every Christmas... these are Chris's favorite so now I make them every Christmas... They freeze really well... we eat them right out of the freezer sometimes... Mmm... they're YUM!  Anyway onto the recipe:

Ingredients
3 cups of flour
1 cup of corn starch
1 cup of icing sugar
3/4 lb real butter
Note: now back home in NL 3/4 lb is enough butter... but it is so dry in Calgary that I go ahead and throw in the whole pound of butter...


Directions
Mix together all of the dry ingredients
Add butter (after its been out of the fridge for a little while)
Cut butter into the dry mixture until it is nice and incorporated
Roll into balls

Place on ungreased cookie sheet

Press down with a fork to flatten
Add a cherry or whatever you want on top
Bake at 350 for 14-15 minutes
Just watch them as they near the 14 minute mark... don't let them get too golden

Note:  I don't press mine with a fork... I flatten them in my palms after I roll them in a ball...

Bake these now and toss them in the freezer until Christmas!.. I bet there won't be any left come Christmas time!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!