Saturday, November 6, 2010

Millarville Christmas Market

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

This morning I got up and put on some mulling spice that I picked up at the Millarville Market last night...to make the house smell nice... and kinda Christmassy... Then I sat down to blog about the Millarville Market... 

I didn't get a pile of photos last night so I had my external hard drive plugged in so I could dig up some more shots from previous years markets... well the external hard drive wouldn't work...  I was devastated... I have thousands of photos on there because there just isn't room on my laptop...  I ran to Furs right away... he managed to get the hard drive to work with his laptop after a little bit of working with it... so all of my files got dumped onto his computer for now... but his computer is also on the fritz...  lets hope all of these devices hold up until we can get some new ones!..  Here are a few shots of the market that I took last night...


The above photo is the vendor from which I picked up the nice mulling spice... Mmm... smells so good...




This shot is of the Mini Donut mobile... Mmm... mini donuts... We also had some fresh warm kettle corn... so good... At the market there were delicious Samosa's that we had as snacks... I picked up some awesome gourmet hot chocolates... coconut, hazelnut, fudge, candy cane, and amaretto... Mmm... AND I managed to get two loaves of Onion Dill Bread... Ooo... is it ever good... the bread lady had had THREE full tables inside that she cleaned off... people just go nuts over her bread... I would have gotten 4 loaves of the Onion Dill but there were only two left so I ended up with two Sourdough with Sunflower Seeds as well... she had more tables outside earlier that were also sold out... I'll have to try to catch her early at Spruce Meadows next weekend to get 4 loaves of the Onion Dill!..

so after the external hard drive issue this morning I headed down to the basement and tackled the kitchen table top... the top is now sanded and a layer of kils painted on the table skirt... I'm hoping to get the top stained this evening... and the skirting painted... then I'll sand and paint the table pedestal and feet tomorrow... 

Once I finish getting ready here now Furs and I are headed out to pick up a couple things... and this includes a trip to Ikea... please Ikea don't be packed today!.. hahaha!.. yeah right!.. like that would ever happen!.. but fingers crossed!...

Later when we're back home I have to work on a little something that I'll post some snaps of once they've been completed and gifted!..  I'll definitely be brewing up some of that hot chocolate and be settling down for the evening!.. (after a bit more work on the table top...)  I haven't been feeling the greatest the past couple of days... need some good rest I think!.. 

What have you been up to today?.. working on any exciting projects!?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!