Friday, December 31, 2010

End of 2010

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Picked up some heavy cream and whipped it up to have with some of the cherries that I bottled earlier this year... me and the momma snacked away on this...


Last night Furs, my parents and I went to see Zoolights at the Calgary Zoo... I think we all would have enjoyed it more if it hadn't been -20...  We were all bundled up and we still froze!..  I managed to get a few photos while we were there...







Luckily the conservatory was open... and it was a good spot to warm up...


It was decorated quite beautifully... with chandeliers... and poinsettias...


And there were even a few hydrangea's in bloom!.. 


And some orchids...


Once we warmed up in here we headed back outside and just about ran back to the car... it was freezing...

...apparently its -24 outside right now... makes me want to stay in bed!.. but the plan for this morning is to undecorate the house... we usually wait until early January but with work being as busy as it is I want to use this weekend to get the house in order before I head back to work on Monday!..

Tonight we'll be staying in with the parents and ringing in the New Year!.. nice and quiet and chilled out... Ooo... I better get out of bed and get the giant pork roast in the slow cooker!.. pulled pork is on the menu this evening!.. what are you plans for ringing in the New Year tonight!?.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to the zoo lights and always wondered what it was like. I agree, it has been SUPER cold here lately! Hope you have a great NYE!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!