Sunday, March 3, 2013

Refinished Tea Trolly...

Feathering My Nest has moved!... come check all of this out over at www.featheringmynest.ca/blog

Well… I've done it!… finally!… it's been over a year in the works but I've finished it!… being in the Vintage Sale this coming June is really motivating me to get projects completed ;)


I started refinishing this one by taking it all apart… the two wings that lift up and the large wheels… the removable tray came out and the drawer… and giving it a light sand all over… 


Then I went to it with some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint… in Original… a nice sweet cream… amazing coverage and not really much sanding required before you paint it… 


I gave the painted finish some all over sanding to smooth out the paint and to distress the piece all over… Then I put the cart back together… 


Then this is where the fun really began… I found some great images on the Graphics Fairy website… go and check it out if you're looking for some great images… 


I painted the crown and frame on the pull out tray...


Then on the top I traced out and hand painted in a large french logo… 


Most of the painting was done while Chris and I were catching up to the current episode of the Walking Dead… I'm surprised that I managed to keep my lines clean… there were a couple of points where I actually shrieked at the show!… hahaha… 


I used a grey tole paint… just your regular old acrylic craft paint… a small round brush and some water to thin the acrylic paint as I was painting…


I picked up a few different knobs awhile back at Anthropolige… and this glass one above works perfectly… if you are looking for some perfectly perfect knobs then check out Anthro… 


Instead of waxing this piece I used Miss Mustard Seed's Hemp Oil… 


Our chalk board wall came in quite handy when I was finished this tea trolly… It made a sweet backdrop to shoot the cart against!… Time for a lot more pictures… 






Now this afternoon we're watching more Walking Dead… our last three episodes until we're fully caught up and ready for the new episode tonight…


…but before we got to this point of chilling out… my little family here bundled up on the couch with the fire place on and some pink bubbly in hand… we headed out this morning…  ohhhh at around 9am… the snow was just starting to come down in a heavy dusting… I'd found some kijiji treasures and my sweet Pickly took me out in a snowstorm to pick them up!…


I scored this amazing antique table…  and these two large ottoman… bring on the burlap!… 


Be sure to stay tuned for the transformations of these three new finds… 

What have you been up to this weekend?… any treasure hunting?… any project work?… 

I gotta linke up to some parties with this one!… 

11 comments:

  1. Love how the graphic turned out. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a great job on this cart. I love it. Your painting is spectacular.
    Can't wait to see what you do with your other pieces.
    I am your newest follower.Hope you will check out my blog.
    Bev
    @http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I almost bought a tea trolley a few months ago & didn't...now I wish I had :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea trolley looks wonderful. Love Graphics Fairy. Your huge chalkboard wall makes a great backdrop.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job on the serving cart. I never would have had the nerve to paint it but you did an outstanding job!, especially while watching Walking Dead~my lines would have been all over the place. Visiting you from WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally in love with your tea cart. It is beautiful. I enjoyed reading all about how you were able to make it look so pretty.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I have your permission to pin your tea cart photo onto my Pinterest board? I would love to share it.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Yes please you have my permission! Thank you! xo!

      Delete
  8. Love your tea cart! My daughter has one and I can't wait to see what she does with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an amazing project. I have yet to try such a job. And, the ottomans will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone!… I'm definitely feeling the love!… xo!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thank you for stopping by!